The Dirt Game System
How do I write a good zone?
- Zone formats
- How a zone file should be written to work with the dirt game system.
- Writing a good zone
- What you should think about when writing a zone.
- Og's guide to
- Ideas and examples of what you can do to improve the quality of
- Armor and armaments
- A brief list of different armors and weapons, and what damage and armor
classes they should have to be reasonable.
- The Ice-Cave
- An example of what a zone can look like
- The Catch Function System
- How to do special cases in the zonefiles. (Mainly of interest for those
with a working knowledge of the dirt source code.)
couple example catches
Examples on what different catches can look like.
Other texts useful for writing good zones
Where to find inspiration
Myths and Legends - A huge collection of links to all sorts of
resources about myths and legends in different cultures.
Tools for writing Dirt type zones
AberEd - a zone editor written by Ithor
- Zed - a zone editor written by
Last edited March 27, 1995.